Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Morgan's last day of Middle school





I have had the privilege of being in the same school as Morgan 6 out of his first 9 years of school. I taught at Blue Grass Elementary for 8 years and had him transfered with me his kindergarten through 3rd grade years. I took 3 years off from teaching and he started school at Karns. He was "on his own" at Karns 4th - 6th grades. I joined him again last year (his 7th grade year) at Karns Middle. It has been a special experience for the both of us being together all these years. We have had some of the best times, just the two of us driving to and from school, stopping to get an early morning- before school breakfast. I LOVED our elementary school years together. I will always treasure the memories of him leaving his class in line, running down the hall way just to give me a hug, then running back to his teacher. He was never embarrassed to "LOVE on his mommy", even in front of his friends. Our "middle school" time together has been very different, but just as special. No more hugs in the hall in front of his friends, but I do get some high fives from him AND his friends. I have had to learn how to "be COOL" in his presence.
Time does indeed change things, but some things remain the same forever, a mother's love for her son.
Tomorrow will mark the end of this season of our lives. He will leave to go to high school and we will never be in the same school building together again. BUT...I will always have these sweet memories of us together in my heart.

2 comments:

Leslie Kosinski said...

That is just so precious Cindy...I know you are so proud. You are a great mom. I am sad now though....I can't imagine high school for Ali....can't imagine.

Jill said...

These pictures are precious!! I can NOT believe he is off to high school.