Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Retirement Mrs. Gray

On May 13, I went to a retirement reception for my former Principal at Blue Grass Elementary, Mrs. Brenda Gray.  I was fresh out of college and was wanting so badly to be a teacher. She was the one who  gave me my 1st chance to fulfill this life long dream. I graduated from UT  with my Masters in Education in May of 1996 and started teaching just 3 months later in August of '96. I taught for 8 years at Blue Grass under her amazing leadership. We had a special bond because she became principal that same year ('96) and I was the 1st  teacher that she ever  hired.  She had been a teacher and a curriculum generalist for many years prior to becoming a Principal. I hate to see her retire - but wish her some much deserved relaxation. Happy Retirement Mrs. Gray! ~Love you! 

No comments: