Friday, May 30, 2008

Summers are for READING!

We always go to the Public Library and participate in their Summer Reading program. I LOVE, LOVE ,LOVE Children's Literature. So many books  I have memorized from reading them over and over again to my own kids and to kids while teaching. I have a HUGE, children's book collection.  I have always been interested in  the Caldecott collection.  The Caldecott Medal goes to one book a year for having the most distinguished Children's book illustrations. This honor began in 1938. I was able to get an up to date, current 2008 poster of all the CM books  from Mrs. Sue Lawless, the Librarian at Karns middle school.  We started this week with our goal~ reading ALL 71 of the CM books . That will be at least one a day - all summer!   Some of them I  already have, but some we will have to get from the library, especially some of the older ones.  You can go to www.ala.org  (American Library Association)  to get a copy of all the book titles for yourself ! 

No comments: