Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nutcracker Ballet






This evening my mom and I took Emma Grace to see her very 1st real Ballet. We saw the Appalachia Ballet perform the Nutcracker at the Civic Auditorium. My mom took me to see the Nutcracker when I was 5 and I have loved it ever since. Emma sat there and LOVED every single minute of it. She clapped and clapped and clapped. We will have to make this our new "girls only" tradition. They boys have all seen it, I "made" them go when they were younger. Morgan fell asleep and Andrew kept asking when it would be OVER. John tolerates it because he knows I love it.
Our very 1st DATE, was to see the Nutcracker - way back in December of 1991!

7 comments:

Alison said...

OH how fun!! I went with Catherine's 1st grade class on Thursday. She loved it! It was the first time she had been. I would have got more pics but with about a million first graders it was challenging!LOL~Then, it was pouring the rain and freezing cold. Angie went with Peyton's class.

The Knight Family said...

Oh That's neat that Payton & Catherine are both in 1st grade - I didn't realize that!
When I taught 2nd grade I used to take my 2nd graders, we went several years in a row. They really loved it - I did a whole Tchaikovsky unit and we read different variations on the story prior to going. I bet Catherine DID love it! It is so beautiful! Emma love the sugar plum & snow flake faires best! :)

Alison said...

Yes they are both in first grade! They have just never been in each other's class. Also,Cathy&Doug's 6 yr old son&Catherine share the same birthday. I had Catherine on August 26th,2002...Cathy was due after me but had him early so we had them on the same day!

Ashley Jessie said...

I loved the pics! I am sure Emma Grace had a great time on "Girls Night Out." Adam and I had Upaji duty this morning and we missed Emma Grace.

Jill said...

You're such a good mom!!! It looks like you all had a very special time! :-)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you all had fun at the Nutcracker (we were at Fantasy of Trees on the day before Thanksgiving so you all may have been there and I didn't even know!). Just checking in and wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday...sorry I barely made it on the actual day! Have a great rest of your week!
Terri

Chuck and Deb said...

What a special memory! :)